1. Ensure that the parking brake is applied.
2. Ensure that gear-lever is in 'neutral' position.
3. Check that all gauges and warning lights are in non-function position.
4. Turn ignition key to 'on' position without starting engine.
5. Check warning lights and gauges for malfunction.
6. Apply choke if necessary or ensure choke is cancelled.
7. Turn ignition key further to start engine.
8. Release hold on key as soon as engine starts.
9. Check warning lights and gauges for systems malfunction.
10. Cancel operation of choke, where applicable.