1. Check rear-view mirrors.
3. Brake timeously, smoothly and progressively with both brakes, without locking wheels and incomplete control, keeping both hands on the handgrips.
4. Select appropriate gear, if applicable.
5. Disengage clutch just before motorcycle is brought to a complete standstill, without labouringor stalling the engine.
6. Obtain and/or maintain clear space behind or alongside any obstruction or road user, whereapplicable. (Approximately 4 - 5 metres behind the vehicle ahead)
7. Stop in accordance with road traffic signs, signals, rules and markings.
8. Select neutral, if applicable.
9. Keep motorcycle stationary using the rear or front brake.
10. Release clutch lever, if applicable.
Neutral should be selected when stationary for any length of time, but this may not be necessarydepending on traffic signals and stop/start progress of traffic.
When coming to a stop, the brake pedal shall be depressed before disengaging the clutch, in orderto prevent coasting. This is not a requirement in stop-start traffic or when stopping on an incline.