1. Obtain a safe following/approaching distance.
2. Obey all road traffic signs, signals, rules and markings.
3. Check blind spot to the left, if applicable.
4. Steer and position vehicle towards the left without moving any further than necessary for maximum visibility, if applicable.
5. Check rear-view mirror(s) and blind spot to the left.
6. Signal intention.
7. Check rear-view mirror(s), if applicable.
8. Brake, if necessary.
9. Select gear, if necessary.
10. Check blind spot to the left.
11. Steer further to the left, if safe, to allow safe clear space between vehicle and hazard.
12. Cancel signal.
13. Accelerate, if necessary.
14. Check mirror(s) and blind spot to the right before signalling if intending to return to the right.
Adequate clear space shall be obtained before returning.