1. Ensure (from driver's seat) that parking brake is applied.
2. Ensure gear lever is in neutral position. (In "P" or “N” for automatic transmission)
3. Check for obstructions.
4. Check for warning lights and gauges, where applicable.
5. Check seat adjustment for correct driving position.
6. Check all mirrors for maximum rear view vision.
7. Turn ignition key to be “on” position without starting the engine.
8. Check electric window operation, if applicable.
9. Check all instruments on instrument panel and mention any changes.
10. Check operation of front and rear lights, indicators, horn and wipers.
11. Switch ignition off and return all switches to “off” position.
12. Check steering for excessive free play.
13. Check pressure on brake and clutch pedals.
14. Return wipers to normal position, where applicable.
15. Check that all doors are properly closed and that passengers are conversant with the operationof doors.
16. Fasten seatbelt and request passengers to fasten seatbelts.
17. Ensure the passengers are conversant with the operation release mechanism of seatbelts.
The examiner shall request the applicant to operate the lights, direction indicators, horn and wipers,where these shall be checked for operation, by such examiner.
The examiner may allow minor defects to be rectified, however, no extra time shall be allowed. (The stopwatch shall not be stopped)
Item 1 and 2 as well as 5 and 6 shall be checked in sequence.