1. Ensure that parking brake is applied.
2. Ensure that gear-lever is in neutral position.
3. Ensure that all instruments are in non-function position.
4. Turn ignition key to “on” position without starting engine.
5. Check dashboard instruments for malfunction.
6. Apply choke if necessary or ensure choke is cancelled.
7. Select engine control switch to “on” (Diesel vehicles only).
8. Use pre-heater if required (Diesel vehicles only).
9. Turn ignition key to start engine.
10. Release hold on key as soon as engine starts.
11. Check dashboard instruments for systems malfunction.
12. Build up air pressure by letting engine idle until appropriate instruments indicate that air pressureis correct.
13. Cancel operation of choke, where applicable.