1. Ensure that parking brake is applied.
2. Ensure that gear selector is in “P” or “N” position.
3. Check that all gauges and warning lights are in non-function position.
4. Turn ignition key to “on” position without starting engine.
5. Check dashboard warning lights and gauges for malfunction.
6. Apply choke if necessary or ensure choke is cancelled.
7. Select engine control switch to “on” (Diesel vehicles only).
8. Use pre-heater is required (Diesel vehicles only).
9. Turn ignition key further to start engine.
10. Release hold on key as soon as engine starts.
11. Check dashboard warning lights and gauges for systems malfunction.
12. Build-up air pressure by letting engine idle until appropriate instruments indicate that air pressureis correct.
13. Cancel operation of choke, where applicable.