- Position the vehicle at the starting point.
- Apply parking brake.
- Select neutral. (or “P” for automatic transmission)
1. Select reverse gear.
2. Obtain clutch control.
4. Release park brake.
5. Move off.
6. Keep vehicle in straight line as indicated, without touching the side boundary lines.
7. Stop where indicated.
8. Apply parking brake.
9. Select neutral, (or “P” for automatic transmission)
10. Release clutch pedal if manual transmission.
Only one attempt will be allowed.
Should the vehicle roll, a circle shall be drawn around the black block “Roll” and the test shall bediscontinued.
Should the vehicle stop for any reason after having moved off before the manoeuvre is completed acircle shall be drawn around a black block ”No.att”. and the test discontinued.
Stop with the rear wheels of the vehicle within the 5 m stopping zone or beyond.
Should the incorrect gear be selected when moving off from the starting point, this shall not be regardedas an attempt.
Should the vehicle coast during this manoeuvre, it shall be regarded as an “Uncontrolled action” and acircle shall be drawn around a black block and the test discontinued.