1. Maintain speed.
2. Place left foot on clutch pedal.
3. Start depressing clutch approximately to contact point.
4. Release accelerator pedal smoothly and completely whilst depressing clutch pedal completely.
5. Place right foot on accelerator pedal.
6. Select gear.
7. Replace hand to appropriate position on steering wheel.
8. Start releasing clutch pedal slowly and smoothly to contact point.
9. Depress accelerator pedal smoothly and progressively whilst releasing clutch pedal completely.
10. Remove foot completely from clutch pedal.
Gears should be changed, where possible, whilst travelling on a straight course.
Numbers 3, 4, 5 and 6 may be done in one flowing movement.
Numbers 8, 9 and 10 may be done in one flowing movement.