1. Check rear view mirror(s) and appropriate blind spot.
2. Signal intention.
3. Check appropriate blind spot, if applicable.
4. Position vehicle, if necessary.
5. Check rear view mirror(s).
8. Obtain and/or maintain a clear space behind or alongside obstruction or other road user.
9. Stop in accordance with road traffic signs, signals, rules and markings.
10. Apply parking brake.
11. Select “P” position.
12. Cancel signal and switch off accessories, if applicable.
13. Switch off engine.
14. Check rear view mirror(s) and blind spots before opening doors.
Turn the front wheels in the direction of the kerb as a precautionary measure to prevent the vehicle from moving, depending upon the gradient of the road.
If a turbo is fitted, refer to operators manual.
If the vehicle is equipped with a foot operated parking brake the sequence shall be to select neutral, withservice brake depressed and then to apply the parking brake.