Length, Width and Height of Vehicles
Overall Length of Vehicles
Legislation provides for restrictions on the overall length of certain types of vehicles.
The restricted lengths are as follows;
- a trailer (not semi-trailer) of which the GVM is less than 12 000 kilograms - shall not exceed 8 meters;
- a trailer (not semi-trailer) of which the GVM is more than 12 000 kilograms - shall not exceed 12,5 meters;
- an articulated motor vehicle - shall not exceed 18,5 meters;
- a bus-train - shall not exceed 22 meters;
- any other vehicles - shall not exceed 12,5 meters;
- any combination of motor vehicles shall not exceed 22 meters.
Overall Height of Vehicles
The following motor vehicles may not be used on a public road together with any load thereon, if the overall height-
- in the case of a double-deck bus exceeds 4,65 meters; and
- in the case of any other motor vehicle exceeds 4,3 meters.
Overall Width of Vehicles
The following motor vehicles may not be used on a public road-
- a bus of which the distance between the centre-lines of the tyres of the two front wheels exceeds 1,9 meters, if the overall width of such bus exceeds 2,6 meters;
- a goods vehicle the gross vehicle mass of which is 12 000 kilograms or more, if the overall width thereof exceeds 2,6 meters; or
- any other vehicle, if the overall width thereof exceeds 2,5 meters.
Login to add a comment