The following vehicles may not be used on a freeway—
- a vehicle drawn by an animal;
- a pedal cycle;
- a motorcycle having an engine with a cylinder capacity not exceeding 50cc (cubic centimeters) or which is propelled by electrical power;
- a motor quadrucycle;
- a vehicle with a mass not exceeding 230 kilograms and specially designed, constructed or adapted for the use of a person suffering from a physical defect or disability; or
- a tractor, except when such tractor is used in connection with the construction or maintenance of a freeway.
No person shall stop a vehicle on a freeway except—
- in compliance with a road traffic sign or a direction given by a traffic officer;
- within an area reserved for the stopping or parking of vehicles by an appropriate road traffic sign, or
- for any reason beyond his or her control.
No person shall –
- give a hand signal when driving/riding a motor vehicle on a freeway except for a reason beyond his or her control;
- be on a freeway on foot under normal circumstances;
- leave or allow an animal to be on a freeway or leave an animal in a place from where it may stray onto a freeway.
Note: When a driver/rider of a vehicle travelling on a freeway notices a vehicle in front of him/her wishing to merge from an On-ramp, such driver/rider must allow a vehicle to merge in front of them.
Login to add a comment