Pre-Trip Inspection, Exterior
Pre-Trip Inspection, Interior
Starting Procedure Manual
Starting Procedure Automatic
Signalling - hand signals (turning left)
Signalling - hand signals (turning right)
Signalling - hand signals (stop or sudden reduction of speed)
Signalling - horn
Clutch - use of
Moving off manual transmission
Moving off automatic transmission
Reverse in straight line
Alley docking - to the right
Parallel parking - to the left
Parallel parking - to the right
Incline start - manual transmission
Incline start automatic transmission
Gear changing - up (manual transmission)
Gear changing - down (manual transmission)
Gear changing - up (automatic transmission) (manual selection)
Gear changing - down (automatic transmission) (manual selection)
Following other vehicles
Stopping - in traffic (manual transmission)
Stopping - in traffic (automatic transmission)
Stopping - for parking (manual transmission)
Stopping - for parking (automatic transmission)
Traffic control signal
Intersections - turning left
Intersections - turning right
Intersections - proceeding straight
Intersections - stop signs
Intersections - yield signs
Intersections - uncontrolled
Intersections - traffic lights (flashing red)
Intersections - traffic lights (steady red)
Intersections - traffic lights (green)
Intersections - traffic lights (flashing amber)
Intersections - traffic lights (steady amber)
Intersections - roundabout (traffic circle)
Block pedestrian crossing - uncontrolled
Level crossings - guarded
Level crossing - unguarded
Overtaking - to the left of a hazard
Overtaking - to the right of a hazard
Being overtaken - on the left hand side
Being overtaken - on the right hand side
Freeways - entering
Freeways - exiting
Freeways passing off and on ramps
Mount - Dismount
Pre-trip inspection - on motorcycle
Starting and switching off procedures
Mirrors - use of
Turning speed judgement
Gear changing - up
Gear changing - down
Stopping - in traffic
Stopping - for parking
Traffic control signals
Block Pedestrian crossing - uncontrolled
Level Crossings - unguarded
Overtaking - to the left of the hazard
Being overtaken on the left-hand side
Being overtaken on the right-hand side
Freeways - passing off and on ramps
1. Ensure (from driver's seat) that parking brake is applied.
2. Ensure gear lever is in neutral position. (In "P" or “N” for automatic transmission)
3. Check for obstructions.
4. Check for warning lights and gauges, where applicable.
5. Check seat adjustment for correct driving position.
6. Check all mirrors for maximum rear view vision.
7. Turn ignition key to be “on” position without starting the engine.
8. Check electric window operation, if applicable.
9. Check all instruments on instrument panel and mention any changes.
10. Check operation of front and rear lights, indicators, horn and wipers.
11. Switch ignition off and return all switches to “off” position.
12. Check steering for excessive free play.
13. Check pressure on brake and clutch pedals.
14. Return wipers to normal position, where applicable.
15. Check that all doors are properly closed and that passengers are conversant with the operationof doors.
16. Fasten seatbelt and request passengers to fasten seatbelts.
17. Ensure the passengers are conversant with the operation release mechanism of seatbelts.
The examiner shall request the applicant to operate the lights, direction indicators, horn and wipers,where these shall be checked for operation, by such examiner.
The examiner may allow minor defects to be rectified, however, no extra time shall be allowed. (The stopwatch shall not be stopped)
Item 1 and 2 as well as 5 and 6 shall be checked in sequence.