Pre-Trip Inspection, Exterior
Pre-Trip Inspection, Interior
Starting Procedure Manual
Starting Procedure Automatic
Signalling - hand signals (turning left)
Signalling - hand signals (turning right)
Signalling - hand signals (stop or sudden reduction of speed)
Signalling - horn
Clutch - use of
Moving off manual transmission
Moving off automatic transmission
Reverse in straight line
Alley docking - to the right
Parallel parking - to the left
Parallel parking - to the right
Incline start - manual transmission
Incline start automatic transmission
Gear changing - up (manual transmission)
Gear changing - down (manual transmission)
Gear changing - up (automatic transmission) (manual selection)
Gear changing - down (automatic transmission) (manual selection)
Following other vehicles
Stopping - in traffic (manual transmission)
Stopping - in traffic (automatic transmission)
Stopping - for parking (manual transmission)
Stopping - for parking (automatic transmission)
Traffic control signal
Intersections - turning left
Intersections - turning right
Intersections - proceeding straight
Intersections - stop signs
Intersections - yield signs
Intersections - uncontrolled
Intersections - traffic lights (flashing red)
Intersections - traffic lights (steady red)
Intersections - traffic lights (green)
Intersections - traffic lights (flashing amber)
Intersections - traffic lights (steady amber)
Intersections - roundabout (traffic circle)
Block pedestrian crossing - uncontrolled
Level crossings - guarded
Level crossing - unguarded
Overtaking - to the left of a hazard
Overtaking - to the right of a hazard
Being overtaken - on the left hand side
Being overtaken - on the right hand side
Freeways - entering
Freeways - exiting
Freeways passing off and on ramps
Mount - Dismount
Pre-trip inspection - on motorcycle
Starting and switching off procedures
Mirrors - use of
Turning speed judgement
Gear changing - up
Gear changing - down
Stopping - in traffic
Stopping - for parking
Traffic control signals
Block Pedestrian crossing - uncontrolled
Level Crossings - unguarded
Overtaking - to the left of the hazard
Being overtaken on the left-hand side
Being overtaken on the right-hand side
Freeways - passing off and on ramps
1. Position hands on steering wheel in a ten-to-two or quarter-to-three position with palms of hands and thumbs on circumference of steering wheel.
2. Keep both hands on steering wheel except for the purpose of gear changing, signalling or operating controls or devices.
3. Steer in a controlled manner to avoid cutting or negotiating corners or bends too wide.
4. Steer to turn to the left or right by using the push - and - pull method.
5. Steer smoothly.
6. If possible do not wander or straddle lane markings.
7. Adjust position with due regard to moving or stationary hazards.
8. Keep at least one hand on steering wheel at all times.
9. Do not turn steering wheel whilst vehicle is stationary.
10. Counter steer when necessary.
The push-and-pull method of steering shall not be required during the yard test.
If, during the road test, the applicant continuously makes a steering method fault such as, for example, resting his/her hand on the gear-lever knob, he/she shall be penalised every 5-8 seconds for:
(1) Method ......................................................