Position vehicle at starting point. Cancel signal, if applicable. Apply parking brake. Select neutral, (or “P” for automatic transmission) and wait for instructions.
1. Check rear view mirror(s) and blind spot to right.
2. Signal intention.
3. Select gear.
4. Obtain clutch control. (Manual transmission)
6. Release parking brake.
7. Move off.
8. Check the blind spot to the left before the vehicle changes direction.
9. Steer into demarcated area, without touching any obstacle.
10. Stop vehicle within demarcated area.
11. Apply parking brake.
12. Select neutral, (or “P” for automatic transmission)
13. Cancel signal.
14. Check rear-view mirror(s) and appropriate blind spot.
15. Signal intension.
16. Select gear.
17. Obtain clutch control. (Manual transmission)
19. Release parking brake.
20. Steer out of demarcated area, without touching any obstacle.
21. Cancel signal.
If this manoeuver cannot be completed at the 1st attempt as described in item 10, the vehicle shall again be positioned in the original starting point from where a 2nd (final) attempt may be made, provided that no obstacle or boundary line has been touched. (The stopwatch shall not be stopped)
Only one forward movement shall be allowed during each attempt.
Should the vehicle roll, a circle shall be drawn around the black block “Roll” and the test discontinued.
In all cases the rear end of the trailer shall at least be passed the 3rd set of obstacles.
Regarding (1) Count st. ................................................... is meant that the applicant turns the steering wheel whilst the vehicle is stationary.
Should the signal cancel automatically whilst entering or leaving, the applicant shall not be penalised for not reactivating it.
Stopping and moving off in the same direction is not regarded as another movement. Stopping is permitted at any stage during a movement, however, an observation shall be done before moving off, if stationary for longer than 5 seconds.
Should the incorrect gear be selected when moving off from the starting point, this will not be regarded as an attempt.