1. Check rear view mirror(s) and appropriate blind spot.
2. Signal intention.
3. Check appropriate blind spot, if applicable.
4. Position vehicle, if necessary.
5. Check rear view mirror(s).
8. Select a lower gear, if required.
9. Disengage clutch just before vehicle is brought to a complete standstill, without laboring or stalling the engine.
10. Obtain and/or maintain a clear space behind or alongside obstruction or other road user, where applicable.
11. Stop in accordance with road traffic signs, signals, rules and markings.
12. Apply parking brake.
13. Select neutral.
14. Release clutch pedal.
15. Cancel signal and switch off accessories, if applicable.
16. Switch off engine.
17. Check rear view mirror(s) and blind spots before opening doors.
Turn the front wheels in the direction of the kerb as a precautionary measure to prevent the vehicle from moving, depending upon the gradient of the road.
Having switched off engine, an appropriate gear should be selected as a precautionary measure to prevent the vehicle from moving, depending upon the gradient of the road. This procedure is not recommended in the case of a diesel vehicle.
If a turbo is fitted, refer to operators manual.
A combination of vehicles may be “cranked” when parking, in order to limit clutch slipping and wear when moving off, as long as this action can be done with complete safety. Note E: If the vehicle is equipped with a foot-operated parking brake the sequence shall be to select neutral, with service brake depressed and then to apply the parking brake.