1. Keep motorcycle stationary by applying the rear brake.
2. Obey all road traffic signs, signals, rules and markings.
3. Check mirrors and appropriate blind spot, if applicable.
4. Signal intention, if applicable.
5. Ensure that there is clear space beyond the intersection before entering.
6. Ensure that the intersection is clear before entering.
7. Maintain clear space behind vehicle ahead before moving off. (Approximately 4 - 5 metres)
8. Select gear, if applicable.
9. Obtain clutch control, if applicable.
11. Move off without lifting front wheel.
12. Maintain balance and place both feet on the front footpegs as soon as the motorcycle startsmoving.
13. Accelerate as necessary.
14. Cancel signal, if applicable.
Should the vehicle roll a circle shall be drawn around the black block “Roll” on the test report and thetest discontinue.
Observing and gear selection can be done simultaneously.
Apply the front brake before releasing the rear brake and selecting the gear.
Numbers 8, 9 and 10 may be done in one flowing movement.
Observation shall be done before moving off, including during stop-start traffic.Note F:During moving off, the applicant shall not cause the wheel of the motorcycle to spin. Should theapplicant do so, he/she shall be penalised for: