Learner's License Theory
A general speed limit is applicable on all roads and does not have to be displayed by a road traffic sign.
Unless otherwise indicated by a road traffic sign, a speed limit of—
- 60 kilometers per hour shall apply in respect of every public road situated within an urban area;
- 100 kilometers per hour shall apply in respect of every public road other than a freeway, situated outside an urban area; and
- 120 kilometers per hour shall apply in respect of every freeway.
Note: Exceeding the speed limit is an offence.
Speed Limit in Respect of Passengers Vehicles Conveying
A speed limit of 100 kilometers per hour shall apply in respect of-
- Bus; and
- a minibus
Speed Limit for a Particular Class of Vehicle
A speed limit of 80 kilometers per hour shall apply in respect to-
- a goods vehicle with a GVM of more than 9000 kilograms;
- a combination of motor vehicles consisting of a goods vehicle, being the drawing vehicle, and one or two trailers of which the sum of the gross vehicle mass of the goods vehicle and of the trailer or trailers exceeds 9 000 kilograms; or
- an articulated motor vehicle, of which the gross combination mass of the truck-tractor exceeds 9000 kilograms;
- Any breakdown vehicle that is towing another vehicle: